Sunday, December 21, 2008

Rice Pudding


We love rice pudding at our house, my kids can't get enough of it. I know when Ryan first suggested we make it I thought yuck...but I love it. It is really good with some cinnamon sprinkled on the top of it also.

2 C. White Rice (Original Long Grain-not instant)
8+ C. Milk
2 Eggs
1 C. Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla

In a large pot combine milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until eggs are mixed in. Then add rice. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring often. Then I turn it down to a medium-low heat and just let it simmer, I set a timer for every 4-5 minutes and stir it about that often until the rice is tender. Additional milk may be needed, and if it sits in the fridge overnight it will need added milk in the morning. If the rice soaks up the milk you just keep adding more a little at a time. Very Delicious! Topped with cinnamon is good too:)

1 comment:

Lacie said...

I never thought "rice pudding" EVER sounded good but now I guess I better try it:)