Tuesday, June 30, 2009
3 lbs. Country Style Pork Ribs, boneless
1 1/2 C. Ketchup
2 T. Dijon Mustard
1/4 C. Packed Brown Sugar
1/4 C. Red Wine Vinegar
2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp. Liquid Smoke Flavoring
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1. Trim excess fat from ribs.
2. In a large skillet, brown ribs on all sides in oil.
3. Put ribs in the crockpot and cover with sliced onion.
4. In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients; pour over ribs and onions.
5. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours, or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours. Stirring occasionally.
6. Shred meat with 2 forks when done.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Simple recipe, but one of my favorite foods:)
2 Chicken Breasts
Romaine Lettuce, chopped
Defrost chicken, cut into strips or small pieces and fry (I have shredded it and then fried it also). Add taco seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Cut up the vegetables and put in taco bowl on top of lettuce as desired. Top with sour cream, guacamole, salsa or Ranch dressing, and tortilla strips.
I get my taco bowls at Macey's premade and they work great. I have also used the tortillas that you cook yourself, for a softer shell.
Two chicken breasts is enough for about 4 salads.
For a quick taco salad you can just do the meat and vegetables but it is also good with white rice and black beans. I usually put the rice and beans on the bottom when I make it with rice and beans.