Friday, May 7, 2010
Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches
3 1/2 lbs beef chuck roast
16-oz. beef broth
1 10.5-oz. can condensed French onion soup
6-oz red wine
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
4-6 French rolls
sliced provolone cheese
1. Trim excess fat off of beef roast and season meat all over with salt and pepper.
2. Pour beef broth, condensed French onion soup, red wine and garlic powder into slow cooker and place beef roast into liquid.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Depending on how the settings on your slow cooker work, the time will vary. Mine took 7 hours and was falling apart tender.
4. Take beef out and cover with aluminum foil, for about 15 minutes.
5. Slice beef and return to slow cooker on low or very low for 30 minutes.
6. Lightly toast the bread and evenly distribute cheese between rolls. Divide beef onto rolls and eat while it is hot. Serve each sandwich with its own dip.