Friday, January 9, 2009
3 Pork Chops, cubed
1 Can Tomato Soup
1 Can Water
2 tsp. Cornstarch
3 C. Chicken Broth, or bouillon equivalent
2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Bag of Mini Carrots, sliced into big pieces
About 5 Potatoes, peeled & cubed
1/2 an Onion, cut into large pieces
1 T. Butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In stew pan melt butter & saute onion. Add cubed pork chops, salt and pepper the meat, & fry until browned.
2. Add chicken broth & boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and take out onion pieces. (My family doesn't like pieces of onion in things so this is how I get the flavor without the onion pieces...if you want onion in it you can dice it into small pieces and leave it in.)
3. Place back on medium heat & add tomato soup, can of water, worcestershire sauce, carrots, & potatoes.
4. Add cornstarch to a little bit of cold water & mix well until combined, then add all at once to stew to help thicken.
5. Let cook on medium to low heat until vegetables are tender. Serve with homemade bread or breadsticks. Enjoy!