Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Chicken Cream Cheese Soup



1 lb. Chicken
6 C. Chicken Broth
1 Onion, diced
1-2 T. Butter
2 C. Sliced Baby Carrots
4-5 Potatoes, diced small
1 C. Milk
1/4 C. Flour
8 oz. pkg. Cream Cheese

1. Put 2 chicken breasts in pot of water; boil until cooked. Rinse chicken in cool water and shred.

2. In a separate large pot, saute onion in butter, until lightly browned. (My family doesn't like onions, so I saute in big pieces and let them boil in the broth and then remove them before adding additional vegetables.) Add broth to sauted onion then and add carrots and potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer until veggies are tender.

3. Mix flour with milk and add to soup along with shredded chicken. Soften cream cheese in microwave then add to soup in little pieces and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.

2 comments:

Chelsi said...

looks so yummy I might have to make it today for dinner!!! Hey I got your email to make me contirbuter, but I never okayed it. Lacie wants me to start adding recipes so can you send it again!!

Chelsi said...

I made it and it was soooo good!